At the Lycee International de Houston Our uniforms and dress code build’s a school identity, develops our school community and promotes our school’s core values: Excellence, Rigor, Kindness. Proper attire and grooming are deemed important to scholastic achievement and orderliness. The responsibility for the appearance of the students begins with the parents and the students themselves.
Excellence: Our uniform, along with grooming and orderliness, communicates excellence which reflects pride and self-respect in our community spirit among our students and a proud member of our school community.
Rigor: Our uniform is a major contributor in establishing seriousness and discipline. Our uniform is a statement of who we are. The uniform minimizes disruption and distractions as it enhances pride in our students and in their appearance leading them to intellectual enthusiasm, leadership, and an appreciation of our community.
Kindness: Our Uniform offers a sense of identity and unity among same-age peers.. The uniform increases student’s respect for each other and eliminates the peer pressure issue of “fitting in” by wearing specific brands and competition among peers.
Students’ clothing, make-up, and hairstyles should reflect neatness, cleanliness, and self-respect so that the school is a desirable place in which to promote learning and character development. Here at LIH, we want help students become integrated into our culture by requiring the use of uniforms.
All students in Pre-Kindergarten3/Petite Section and above must wear the school uniform. The average cost is between $200 – $250 for 2 or 3 daily uniforms.
La Crèche/18 months and TPS/Prekindergarten 2 children do not have to wear uniforms.
Students who are inappropriately dressed will be asked to change or a parent will be called to provide appropriate uniform dress.
Benefits of Uniforms
- Less opportunity for “cliques” to form on campus.
- Students spend less time trying to decide what to wear in the morning which improves attendance.
- Saves money on school shopping throughout the year.
- Self-discipline to wear the uniform properly and respectfully.
- Always modest and appropriate for the school environment.
- Less peer pressure on how to look.
- Guests or intruders are easily identifiable.
- Economic or social barriers between students are not evident.
- Increases a sense of belonging and school pride.
- While traveling off-campus for field trips or events, others know what school the group of students represents
LIH UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
LIH uniforms must be purchased via FlynnO’Hara School Uniforms Click here, the link is accessible on our website.