The Lycée International de Houston is delighted to receive the gift of your time, enthusiasm, and talent!
We are extremely grateful to the many parents and family members who volunteer in a variety of ways. Without your support, many of our events and programs would not be possible. The success of our school is directly related to the involvement of parents.
For more information on volunteering, please contact the Parent Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many different levels of involvement, depending on a parent’s availability and desired level of engagement.
The successful LIH family:
- Makes a long-term commitment to the school
- Has thought deeply about the match between the school’s mission, guiding principles, and family values
- Is involved in school activities and events
- Is supportive of school programs and policies
- Is a positive, proactive ambassador within the school community
- Recognizes that the home-school partnership includes support of the school’s expectations regarding student behavior, academic achievement, and the development of global citizens
- Supports the school’s fund-raising activities
Parent Volunteer on a regular or periodic basis in the classroom or events:
The teachers and school host various activities and events that need the support of parent volunteers. Below are a few examples:
- In-class activities, class projects, parties, school field trips, host events, etc.
- Opportunities to share expertise or professional experience (fundraising, marketing, communications, etc.)
- Event committees (International Festival, Pumpkin Patch, Egg Hunt, Christmas Program, Graduation, or Gala)
- Administrative tasks (copies, files, school supplies, council meetings, etc.)
- Manning a stand, bringing baked goods, international foods, set-up /clean-up.
How to register?
Volunteers for the different activities are coordinated by the Room Parent (class delegate) or the Parent Organization. Information will be provided by the Room Parents or the Parent Organization.
Parent Ambassadors (TAB)
The Lycée International de Houston Parent Ambassador Program is designed as an easy and informal program for parents interested in making a personal commitment to positively promote and represent the Lycée International de Houston Bilingual School. We invite you to read more about the program below.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the new families with their transition to the Lycée International de Houston to build a community
- Collaborate on outreach to prospective families
- Contribute to building intercultural understanding and other related activities
- Represent the values and missions of the school
- Assist us as an LIH Social Media Ambassador
There is no limit on the number of parent ambassadors. The admissions department manages the parent ambassadors with the assistance of the Parent Organization.
Types of actions
- Reaching out to new families to welcome them to the school and help
- Support admissions outreach: participating in open house events and other initiatives: bring a friend to open house or other ideas to attract new families
- Propose playdates, host events, or promote cultural events and activities to create community, raising awareness of the Lycée International de Houston in your community
- Participate in welcome and orientation events at the start of the school year (not mandatory, but recommended)