Health And Medical
Health And Medical Forms
All medical forms and requirements will be available on Magnus Health.
Parents can use My Backpack to access Magnus Health or go directly to the Magnus Health website. The user name and password for Magnus Health is the same as the My Backpack user name and password.
Forms available in Magnus Health are:
- Conditional Questions: Please answer the following questions prior to accessing your students account.
- Vital Health Record: This is a required form that must be completed by a parent/guardian.
- Annual Physical Exam Form; This is a required form that must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian and physician
- Immunization Form: Please upload a copy of the student’s immunization record. Records must be translated if not in the English language.
- Important! View Approval Guidelines: Physician’s signature required
- Does this student take prescription medications during the school day?
- Prescription Medication Form; This is a required form that must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian and physician.
- Important! View Approval Guidelines
- Consent for Emergency Treatment: This is a required form that must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian.
- Over the Counter Medication Permission: This is a required form that must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian.
All students must have an updated immunization record uploaded onto Magnus Health before the first day of class. The list of required immunizations is available from the Texas Department of State Health Services website below:
Guide to Medication Administration in the School Setting [Texas Education Code Chapter 22 Section 22.052].
Each year, more students are attending school with complex and chronic health conditions. Conditions such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, food allergies, obesity, and mental health issues can hinder academic achievement if not given proper attention. LIH will assist in managing these conditions by administering medications and treatments during the school day. Due to the variety of medications and treatments administered in school, the school nurse is charged with administering medications, monitoring adherence to medication regimens, and providing recommendations to protect the health and safety of students.
According to the TEC, Section 22.052, for any medication to be administered in school, a written request from the parent, legal guardian, or other person having legal control of the student must be received by the school. In order to be in compliance with the Texas Family Code Chapter 32, Section 32.002, the form includes the following information:
- the name of the child;
- the name of one or both parents, if known, and the name of any managing conservator or guardian of the child
- the name of the person giving consent and the person’s relationship to the child;
- a statement of the nature of the medical treatment to be given; and
- the date the treatment is to begin.
Parents at LIH must complete Prescription Medication Form located on the Magnus Health website.
In order for any medication to be administered in the school, it must be from a container that appears to be the original container and be properly labeled; or from a properly labeled unit dosage container filled by a registered nurse. The information required on prescription labels includes the following:
- Date of filling
- Pharmacy name and address
- The serial (prescription) number
- The name of the patient
- The name of the prescribing practitioner
- Directions for use
- Any cautionary statements
All medications brought to school for administration needs to be counted or measured, and the initial quantity be recorded in the student’s record. If feasible, the medication should be counted with the parent or legal guardian present and signed off in the student’s record. Parents may also record the initial quantity of medication, send it to the school, and upon arrival school health staff may confirm the recorded amount with another staff person present.
Learn more about health and medical forms log into your My Backpack and then go to your Magnus Health here: