About Lycée International de Houston
The Lycée International de Houston (LIH) is a bilingual private school for families in the Houston area who share a global perspective and value international education. The only school of its kind in the Houston area, the Lycée International de Houston’s innovative approach, high academic standards, and supportive multicultural community stimulates independent thinking, builds confidence, and broadens perspectives, laying the foundation for success in the global community.
LIH offers a dual-language immersion program in French and English using a well-established curriculum prescribed by the French Ministry of Education that promotes excellence in education with a global perspective for our Creche (18 months) through 12th grade students.
Our aesthetically impressive 10-acre campus is located in the heart of the Energy Corridor. The campus features a two-story building which includes state of the art instructional facilities, administrative offices, library, and meeting spaces.
The school was founded in August 2017 as an International private school where children are educated to become role models, preparing them for the French Baccalaureate* and the Franco-American Baccalaureate.
Margaret Combs, Head of School, and Catherine Prié Leray, Proviseur, provide educational and administrative leadership for LIH.
BENEFITS FOR LIH STUDENTS
Our teacher are highly qualified and experienced professionals who afford each child many opportunities for individualized and small group learning. The low student-to-teacher ratios allows us to provide children with the important life skills so necessary to adapt to the challenges of tomorrow: the ability to communicate in several languages, the ability to understand other cultures, and the opportunity to become independent and creative thinkers. The excellence of our bilingual program, the rigor of the French and English curriculum, and the kindness of our teaching staff summarizes our mission to foster academic excellence, innovation, creativity and cross-cultural communication to inspire a passion for learning and empower each student with knowledge, understanding and open-mindedness.
ABOUT LIH TEACHERS
All teachers are native speakers in their language of instruction. Our French and English teachers are experienced professionals. Their mission is to support each student individually towards their academic and personal goals, by being approachable and welcoming, forging great relationships with both students and parents.
FACTS ABOUT LIH
- Student to teacher ratio: 1:10
- Languages: French, English, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, German.
- Grades: La Creche (18 months) – 12th (Childcare, Preschool, Elementary school, middle school, high school).
- Established: August 2017
- Mascot: Bulls
- Color(s): Blue, Grey, and White
- Motto: Empowering students to become knowledgeable, understanding and open minded
- Head of School: Margaret Combs
- Proviseur: Catherine Prié Leray
- Campus: Urban
- Houston’s Only Bilingual School from La Creche (18 months) – 12th.
- Private Bilingual education in Houston, Texas
- Low Teacher-student ratio (1:10)
- Differentiated learning- linking the academic goals of the curriculum with students’ diverse interests and capacities.
- Individualized learning – teaching strategies that meet an individual student’s needs.
- Analytical skills and rigorous reasoning through the French curriculum in Houston, Texas.
- Creativity through the American educational approach.
- An international track with the International Baccalaureate, French Baccalauréat, and French- American Baccalaureate Diploma Programmes. *
- An international community made up of more than 45 nationalities.
The Lycée International de Houston is authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program. The International Baccalaureate World Schools are regarded as the gold standard of education around the world, the IB Diploma Program is offered in 138 countries. It is recognized by the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Harvard and MIT.
We are excited to announce that the Lycée International de Houston is accredited (‘Homologation”) by the French Ministry of Education (AEFE).The Lycée International de Houston is now part of the extensive AEFE network of nearly 500 French schools with over 370,000 students enrolled in 139 countries. Learn More